Dr. Haror’s Wellness is dedicated to providing comprehensive and personalized treatments for psoriasis, aiming to improve the quality of life for those affected. Our treatment options may include:
● Topical creams and ointments: These are applied directly to affected areas and can help reduce inflammation and scaling. These can be used in the form of ointments, gels, lotions, or creams. This can be Vitamin D analogs to reduce skin regeneration and anti-inflammatory products like coal tar in oils, shampoos, or creams (this helps reduce itching also). Calcineurin inhibitors help reduce plaques. Topical Retinoids can also be applied. We recommend using these medications under the supervision of a dermatologist.
● Phototherapy (light therapy): Controlled exposure to ultraviolet (UV) light, under medical supervision, can slow the growth of skin cells and reduce inflammation.
● Systemic medications: For moderate to severe cases, injectable steroids that affect the immune system may be prescribed to manage psoriasis.
● Lifestyle modifications and stress management: Our approach goes beyond traditional medical treatments and includes guidance on stress reduction and lifestyle changes to help minimize psoriasis symptoms. Avoid triggers like alcohol, smoking, and sun exposure. Have a balanced diet including pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds, sunflower seeds, leafy vegetables, iron, selenium, omega 3 fatty acids, etc. Avoid red meat, refined sugars, and junk foods. Avoid gluten as it can increase inflammation.
● Biologic therapies for severe cases: Biologics are targeted therapies that are either injected or IV-infused. The most commonly used one is secukinumab.
It is always advisable to consult your dermatologist for the right diagnosis and best treatment plan to manage such skin conditions. We at Dr. Haror’s Wellness specialize in providing optimum care and result-oriented treatments.