Under-eye bags, also known as periorbital puffiness, are a common cosmetic concern characterised by the presence of swollen or puffy areas beneath the eyes. These pouch-like formations are often a result of the accumulation of excess fluids, fat, or sagging skin in the delicate under-eye region. Under-eye bags can create a tired and aged appearance, even when an individual is well-rested, and are a frequent cause of self-consciousness. While under-eye bags are typically not a medical concern, they can be a significant aesthetic issue, prompting many people to seek treatments to address this concern and regain a more youthful and refreshed look.
Causes of Under Eye Bags
● Ageing: As we age, the skin and muscles around the eyes naturally lose elasticity, causing fat deposits to shift and protrude, resulting in the appearance of under-eye bags.
● Genetics: A family history of under-eye bags can increase the likelihood of developing them, as genetics play a role in the structure and composition of the skin and tissues in this area.
● Fluid Retention: Excessive fluid retention, often associated with dietary habits, hormonal changes, or medical conditions, can lead to under-eye puffiness.
● Allergies: Allergic reactions can cause inflammation, swelling, and puffiness around the eyes, exacerbating the appearance of under-eye bags.
● Lifestyle Factors: Factors such as poor sleep, stress, and a diet high in salt can contribute to the development or worsening of under-eye bags. Lifestyle habits like alcohol and smoking can also contribute to the problem.
● Skin diseases like renal disease, thyroid eye disease and dermatomyositis are a few medical disorders that can cause this.
Treatment for Under Eye Bags at Dr. Haror's Wellness
● Dermal Fillers: Injectable dermal fillers can be used to add volume and smooth out the under-eye area. By filling in hollows and reducing the appearance of shadows, this treatment can provide a refreshed and youthful look.
● Non-Surgical Treatments: Dr. Haror’s Wellness offers non-surgical treatments such as radiofrequency and ultrasound therapies, which can tighten and firm the under-eye skin, reducing puffiness and sagging. This non invasive treatment option has zero downtime and successive sessions would be recommended for better results
● Topical Products: Specialised creams and serums available at the clinic contain ingredients like hyaluronic acid and peptides, which can help hydrate the skin and stimulate collagen production, improving the under-eye area’s appearance. Though they improve the appearance of pigmentation and wrinkling as per the ingredient combination but might not reduce puffiness greatly
● Chemical Peels: Chemical peel helps improve discoloration and texture by micro-exfoliating the skin and improving the present condition.
● Laser Therapy: Advanced laser treatments can target and reduce under-eye bags by promoting collagen production, which improves skin tone and texture. It is without any downtime and helps improve the condition with successive sessions
● Growth factor infusions: Natural growth factors extracted from one’s own blood can be infused into the affected area to hydrate and improve collagen production. It aids healing and helps in overall rejuvenation of damaged tissue and cells. It nourishes the cells and improve overall appearance.
● Lifestyle and Dietary Guidance: Dr. Haror’s Wellness may provide guidance on lifestyle and dietary changes to reduce fluid retention and improve overall skin health.
○ Use cool water to keep the area clean
○ Limit or reduce the salt intake
○ Smoking and alcohol should be reduced
○ Get proper sleep with your head elevated
○ Apply right skincare products and make up products